Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Absentee Blogger

What up blog?

What you know about bloggin' , Hater?

The pattern repeats itself and again I fall victim to the busy office life and my poor blog goes stale.
My apologies to any and all of the faithful followers.

2 weeks ago (April 16th) was my dad's birthday.  Unfortunately I was not celebrating it with him, I was in Trenton ON, for the east/central OSM Qualifier.  As one would expect, we got cold and rain in the forcast, just in time for the first outdoor show of the season.

My goal heading into this particular show was to "sweep" all of the planned events.
The events of the day were;
300lbs per hand farmers for 150', 585lbs barbell deadlift for reps, 270lbs log, clean once, press for reps, Car deadlift hold w/straps, and Keg loading.

Naturally I could write out a long winded summary of my experiences that day, but today, I'm going to do you one better.  I'm going to let you watch it in full color video with sound! Imagine that!?!

I do want to note that my strategy for the day was to get in the lead spot after event 1 and stay there so that I would always know exactly how much effort, reps or time would be required to win.  This did happen and worked in my favor for the sweep, but also brought about criticism from my wife for "not doing very much"

It also should be noted that the 5th event was cancelled due to time, cold and rain.  We started the show around 4:30pm and the car deadlift hold was complete around 9pm.  A vote was taken and the athletes decided to call it quits after 4 events.

No comments:

Post a Comment