Monday, September 12, 2011

Rest and Recover and Frustration

Sitting out from the Dub'ville show was a tough pill to swallow. But I will be bouncing back from this injury.

I received messages and emails from fellow competitors in a tone like I was done and my career was over. Not the case at all.

This injury is more of a piss-off than anything. But definitely not a long term setback.

I've been getting treatments (Acupuncture, ultrasound, and A.R.T) on the neck/shoulder and things are coming along well.
On my own, I've been doing contrast heat/ice applications, some light stretching and mobility activities and was cleared today, to start some light loading in any movements that are uncomfortable.

Last week was an eye opener to me, as to how much of a outlet for stress, my training sessions have become. I just want to lift some goddamn weights!

Hopefully progress continues at the current rate and hopefully I'll be back in action in time for Octoberfest.
I'm made a deal with myself, that if I can test myself out on some event training at 100% intensity before the octoberfest show, then I'll do it, but otherwise, I'm taking this recovery seriously so that preparations for 2012 are not put on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment