Monday, November 1, 2010

Cardio?

Cardio doesn't suck as bad as everyone says it does.

Tonight I hit 15 mins of interval sprints on the lifecycle

Tuesday morning I will get another 30 mins of steady state work in on the treadmill.

15 mins intervals on Wednesday, 15 mins of intervals on Friday and 30 mins of steady state on Sunday morning.

That's been my cardio weekly schedule for the last 6 weeks and it seems to be working well.

What I do to make the time pass quickly and easily while doing this work is simple.

Steady state is a moderate pace and pretty much a glorified walk.  During the 30 mins on the mill, I've been reading various books to help me improve my training and business knowledge.  I see this time as personal development time. 
Lately I've been reading "Block Periodization - Breakthrough in sports training" by Vladamir Issurin.

Intervals is short and sweet and the pace is very fast.  For this I either put on all 3 sports channels at once and try to read the closed captioning (Arnprior). And in Renfrew, I've been borrowing my wife's Ipod and blasting my ears.  This is my playlist of choice for the 15 mins of glory.

Misfits - Dig up her bones
Misfits - She
Misfits - Crawling eye
Misfits - Helena
Misfits - Die my darling

This one get the fastest RPM's out of the whole group.



Gets the job done

No comments:

Post a Comment